The St. Mother Theodore Guerin Women’s Club is an energetic organization for women and friends, ages 18 and older, that offers social, spiritual, and service opportunities. It is our mission to support each other as Catholic women and develop spiritually and socially through service to others.
Spiritual… Perhaps you are seeking ways to enrich your spiritual life and to share meaningful and enlightening experiences with other women. We will plan retreats, prayer opportunities, and other activities of interest to fulfill this need. Give yourself the gift of spiritual growth.
Service… Have you been looking for a way to “give back,” to help at church or in the larger community? We will have opportunities for you to reach out and help others that will align with your area of interest. Some activities may involve raising funds for the parish or sponsoring coat drives, rose sales, or other ways to help those in need. Give yourself the gift of giving hope and joy to others.
Social… Are you looking for a night out with some friends or ways of making some new ones? The Women’s Club will provide social events giving you opportunities to relax and enjoy the company of other women. A few fun ideas may include movie night, wine tasting, or luncheons and theatre. So go ahead, give yourself the gift of relaxation and laughter; you deserve it.
Membership dues are $20.00/year.
Meeting and Event Schedule 2019-2020
- Thusday, September 26 – Meeting at 7 PM at St. Celestine Annex with Sister Johanna as the Guest Speaker.
- Thursday, October 24 – Meeting at 7 PM at St. Cyprian Pavilion with Teresa Mirabella as the Guest Speaker who will be speaking about the Women’s Shelter she is building and getting started.
- Sunday, October 27 – Annual Craft Show from 7:30 AM to 2 PM at St. Celestine Gym and Annex.
- More Meetings and Events to be posted soon!
Nancy Corpolongo Scholarship
An important “new” addition for the Women’s Club, is the development of the Nancy Corpolongo Scholarship. This monetary award is presented to an eighth grade young lady graduating from St. Celestine and continuing her education at a Catholic High School. This student is selected by the junior high teachers of St. Celestine School. The student should take her education and religion seriously, comes from a family who is actively involved in our parish and the student should be committed to school, church and her community.
- President – Laura Tovar (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Vice President – Carol Ann Catherine Keating (CK)
- Secretary – Darlene Hrankaj (email@example.com)
- Treasurer – Taylor French
- Publicity – Mary Krewer (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Hospitality – Polly Grimes (email@example.com) and Peggy Plaza
- Sunshine Lady – Jamie Birmingham
We are those valiant women,
giving leadership in our homes;
contributing to our community,
working for change at all levels of society,
crying for justice and mercy,
living the Gospel,
practicing our faith,
remaining true to the Word.
Adaptation of “Valiant Women” by Cathy O’Keefe,
graduate of Mercy High School, Baltimore, Maryland.