The St. Mother Theodore Guerin Women’s Club is an energetic organization for women and friends, ages 18 and older, that offers social, spiritual, and service opportunities. It is our mission to support each other as Catholic women and develop spiritually and socially through service to others.
Spiritual… Perhaps you are seeking ways to enrich your spiritual life and to share meaningful and enlightening experiences with other women. We will plan retreats, prayer opportunities, and other activities of interest to fulfill this need. Give yourself the gift of spiritual growth.
Service… Have you been looking for a way to “give back,” to help at church or in the larger community? We will have opportunities for you to reach out and help others that will align with your area of interest. Some activities may involve raising funds for the parish or sponsoring coat drives, rose sales, or other ways to help those in need. Give yourself the gift of giving hope and joy to others.
Social… Are you looking for a night out with some friends or ways of making some new ones? The Women’s Club will provide social events giving you opportunities to relax and enjoy the company of other women. A few fun ideas may include movie night, wine tasting, or luncheons and theatre. So go ahead, give yourself the gift of relaxation and laughter; you deserve it.
Membership dues are $20.00/year.
Meeting and Event Schedule 2018-2019
- September 27 – Meeting at 7 PM at St. Celestine Worship Site Annex
- October 10 – Loaves and Fishes at 6:30 PM at St. Celestine Worship Site Annex
- October 15-28 – Annual Coat Drive
- October 25 – Halloween Costume Party at 7 PM at St. Celestine Worship Site Annex
- November 4 – Annual Craft Show
- November 16 – Service Project Meeting (Outreach Item Collection) at 7 PM at St. Celestine Worship Site Annex
- November 28 – Loaves and Fishes at 6:30 PM at St. Celestine Worship Site Annex
- December 14 – Women’s Club Christmas Party at 6:30 PM – RSVP NOW!
- January 13 – Anniversary Mass and Fellowship at 10:30 AM at St. Celestine Church
- January 23 – Loaves and Fishes at 6:30 PM at St. Celestine Worship Site Annex
- January 24 – Speaker: Sue Storm – “The Angel Lady” – at 7 PM at St. Celestine Worship Site Annex
- February 28 – Tea Party at 7 PM at St. Celestine Worship Site Annex
- March 20 – Loaves and Fishes at 6:30 PM at St. Celestine Worship Site Annex
- March 28 – Mardi Gras at 7 PM at St. Celestine Worship Site Annex
- April 25 – Speaker: Father Jeffrey Grob at 7 PM at St. Celestine Worship Site Annex
- May 23 – Speaker: CK – Gardening Tips – and Ice Cream Social at 7 PM at St. Celestine Worship Site Annex
- No meetings in June, July or August
Nancy Corpolongo Scholarship
An important “new” addition for the Women’s Club, is the development of the Nancy Corpolongo Scholarship. This monetary award is presented to an eighth grade young lady graduating from St. Celestine and continuing her education at a Catholic High School. This student is selected by the junior high teachers of St. Celestine School. The student should take her education and religion seriously, comes from a family who is actively involved in our parish and the student should be committed to school, church and her community.
- President – Laura Tovar
- Vice President – Carol Ann Catherine Keating (CK)
- Secretary – Darlene Hrankaj (email@example.com)
- Treasurer – Taylor French
- Publicity – Betty Arena (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Hospitality – Polly Grimes (email@example.com) and Peggy Plaza
- Sunshine Lady – Jamie Birmingham
We are those valiant women,
giving leadership in our homes;
contributing to our community,
working for change at all levels of society,
crying for justice and mercy,
living the Gospel,
practicing our faith,
remaining true to the Word.
Adaptation of “Valiant Women” by Cathy O’Keefe,
graduate of Mercy High School, Baltimore, Maryland.