The St. Mother Theodore Guerin Women’s Club is an energetic organization for women and friends, ages 18 and older, that offers social, spiritual, and service opportunities. It is our mission to support each other as Catholic women and develop spiritually and socially through service to others.
Spiritual… Perhaps you are seeking ways to enrich your spiritual life and to share meaningful and enlightening experiences with other women. We will plan retreats, prayer opportunities, and other activities of interest to fulfill this need. Give yourself the gift of spiritual growth.
Service… Have you been looking for a way to “give back,” to help at church or in the larger community? We will have opportunities for you to reach out and help others that will align with your area of interest. Some activities may involve raising funds for the parish or sponsoring coat drives, rose sales, or other ways to help those in need. Give yourself the gift of giving hope and joy to others.
Social… Are you looking for a night out with some friends or ways of making some new ones? The Women’s Club will provide social events giving you opportunities to relax and enjoy the company of other women. A few fun ideas may include movie night, wine tasting, or luncheons and theatre. So go ahead, give yourself the gift of relaxation and laughter; you deserve it.
Membership dues are $20.00/year.
Meeting and Event Schedule 2019-2020
- Thursday, September 26 – Meeting at 7 PM at St. Celestine Annex with Sister Johanna as the Guest Speaker.
- October 12-20 – Annual Coat Drive.
- Wednesday, October 23 – Loaves and Fishes sponsored by SMGWC at St. Celestine Annex.
- Thursday, October 24 – Meeting at 7 PM at St. Cyprian Pavilion with a representative of the Anawim Women’ Shelter as the Guest Speaker.
- Sunday, October 27 – Annual Craft Show from 7:30 AM to 2 PM at St. Celestine Gym and Annex.
- Friday, November 22 – Meeting at 7 PM at St. Celestine Annex.
- Friday, December 13 – Christmas Party at 7 PM at St. Celestine Annex.
- Sunday, January 12 – SMGWC Anniversary Mass at 10:30 AM at St. Celestine Church.
- Thursday, January 23 – Meeting at 7 PM at St. Cyprian Pavilion.
- Sunday, January 26 – Fellowship Mass sponsored by SMGWC at 9 AM at St. Cyprian Church.
- Thursday, February 27 – Meeting at 7 PM at St. Celestine Annex.
- Thursday, March 26 – Meeting at 7 PM at St. Cyprian Pavilion.
- Thursday, April 23 – Meeting at 7 PM at St. Cyprian Pavilion.
- Friday, May 15 – Meeting at 7 PM at St. Celestine Annex.
Nancy Corpolongo Scholarship
An important “new” addition for the Women’s Club, is the development of the Nancy Corpolongo Scholarship. This monetary award is presented to an eighth grade young lady graduating from St. Celestine and continuing her education at a Catholic High School. This student is selected by the junior high teachers of St. Celestine School. The student should take her education and religion seriously, comes from a family who is actively involved in our parish and the student should be committed to school, church and her community.
- President – Laura Tovar (email@example.com)
- Secretary – Darlene Hrankaj (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Treasurer – Taylor French
- Publicity – Mary Krewer (email@example.com)
- Hospitality – Polly Grimes, Barbara Heatley, Lynn Loftus and Peggy Plaza
- Sunshine Lady – Jamie Birmingham
We are those valiant women,
giving leadership in our homes;
contributing to our community,
working for change at all levels of society,
crying for justice and mercy,
living the Gospel,
practicing our faith,
remaining true to the Word.
Adaptation of “Valiant Women” by Cathy O’Keefe,
graduate of Mercy High School, Baltimore, Maryland.