PROJECT RACHEL COORDINATOR NEEDED – The parish is seeking a volunteer Project Rachel Coordinator. Project Rachel provides opportunities for post–abortion healing. It’s a diocesan–based network of specially trained priests, religious, couselors and laypersons who provide a team response of care for those suffering in the aftermath of abortion. If you are interested, contact Father Paul at email@example.com or Paul Fairbanks at firstname.lastname@example.org or CLICK HERE for more information.
ATTENTION – Our next Respect Life Meeting will be on Monday, June 17 at 7 PM at St. Celestine Parish Center.
The Respect Life Committee invites persons who are willing to help organize programs that continue to respect life from conception to natural death. We usually meet on the third Monday of each month at 7 PM in the Pastoral Center from September through July.
The Committee is a great way to spread the Gospel of Life in the parish and community. We provide a number of volunteer opportunities throughout the year and raise awareness about issues from abortion to euthanasia to opioid addiction and domestic violence. Please join us!
The purpose of this committee is to promote activities and articles to help understand issues dealing with respecting life. We encourage all in the parish to understand and practice the following:
“Speak up for those who cannot speak for themselves.”
Among our activities:
- The living rosary in church in October and January with each bead represented by a person.
- Rosary services in the chapel with respect life themes.
- Baby showers.
- Socks for the Night Ministry.
- Letters to the President for pro-life causes.
- A pro-life intercession in the bulletin each week.
- Pamphlets relating to pro-life topics in the church vestibules.
- Money for the Women’s Center with our baby bottle coin project. The Women’s Centers are committed to saving babies from death by abortion and their mothers from a lifetime of regret. They help women get to a place of self respect, support, confidence, and forgiveness. The Women’s Center is a “Preferred Provider of the Chicago Archdiocesan Respect Life Office.”
If you are interested or would like more information please contact Paul Fairbanks at email@example.com.
Respect Life Resources
- A Perfect Gift – pdf Document
- Bridges of Mercy for Healing after Abortion – pdf Document
- Another Look at Contraception – pdf Document
- Killing the Pain, not the Patient: Palliative Care vs. Assisted Suicide – pdf Document
- Caring for Loved Ones at Life’s End – pdf Document