Our purpose for the St. Mother Theodore Guerin Religious Education Program is to help our students build their connections to God through prayer, incorporate God into their everyday lives, and recognize opportunities to enhance their relationship with God. The St. Mother Theodore Guerin Children’s Faith Formation Program welcomes children to learn about Jesus, the Catholic faith and prepare for the Sacraments of Baptism, Reconciliation, Communion and Confirmation.
We offer Religious Education to Students in Grades Kindergarten-8 who during the week attend a public or home school setting. We feel that with your child’s family experience, the classroom experience, and participation in the St. Mother Theodore Guerin faith community, your child’s faith will develop and grow.
The merger of St. Celestine and St. Cyprian parishes to form a new parish, St. Mother Theodore Guerin, offers many new opportunities to our faith community. Therefore, the Religious Education Program has 2 locations and days/times for classes.
- The St. Celestine site meets every other Saturday morning from 9:30 am to 11:30 am from September until the end of April for students in Grades 1-8 at St. Celestine Grade School. The first day of class is Saturday, September 14.
- The St. Cyprian site meets weekly (3 times a month) on Tuesdays from 4 pm to 5:15 pm for students in Grades K-5 and from 7 pm to 8:30 pm for students in Grades 6-8 from September until the end of April at St. Cyprian Grade School. The first day of class is Tuesday, September 10.
Please note that if your child has not yet received the sacrament of Holy Communion and is in second grade or higher, they will need to be in the program two years before being invited to participate in that sacrament.
The tuition information for both locations for the 2019-2020 school year is as follows:
- $85 – Tuition per child in Kindergarten plus $25 Registration fee = $110
- $185 – Tuition for 1 child per family plus $25 Registration fee = $210
- $290 – Tuition for 2 children per family plus $25 Registration fee per child = $340
- $395 – Tuition for 3 children + per family plus $25 Registration fee per child = $470
- The Registration fee of $25 must be paid at the time of Registration and covers the cost of books and additional resource materials.
- Tuition may be paid in full upon Registration ($25 due) or in two installments with the 1st Semester due September 28, 2019 ($95 – 1 child, $145 – 2 children, $200 – 3 children) and the 2nd Semester due January 25, 2020 ($90 – 1 child, $145 – 2 children, $195 – 3 children)
We encourage all the families to register their children ONLINE (Closed NOW for Year 2019-2020) to reserve and email the forms immediately to our Religious Education Office. Families are asked to open and print the Online RE Registration Receipt at the end of the process and mail the receipt with payment. If a family prefers to fill out the forms manually, please PRINT A COPY NOW or get a copy of the RE Registration Forms at the St. Celestine Pastoral Center or St. Cyprian Rectory.
Please select which location/day (St. Celestine or St. Cyprian) your child will be attending. Also, if you have a child who is new to the program, please complete the New Student Registration form.
- St. Celestine Pastoral Center – 3020 N. 76th Court in Elmwood Park, IL 60707
- St. Cyprian Rectory – 2601 Clinton in River Grove, IL 60171
- After regular working hours there is a drop-off slot at both locations.
If you have any questions about our program please contact:
- Ruthanne Swiatkowski, Director of Religious Education by phone at 708-452-0150 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Mary Morvay, Coordinator of Religious Education by phone 708-453-5719 or email@example.com.
We look forward to working with your child and blessings to your family!